If you have a possible claim, here are some suggestions to
increase your comfort and confidence about resolving the
situation to the best of your ability.

1 - What needs to be done to stabilize the situation?

Make reasonable decisions to protect the property and minimize risk of further loss or increased
costs. This makes sense even if you are uninsured. If coverage applies, this is expected.  
Generally, try to not alter physical evidence or dispose of materials until there is an opportunity for
inspections and possible evidence retention. If physical evidence requires alteration to further
protect property or life, careful decisions are in order. Preserve as much as possible.

Stabilizing the situation may include contacting someone to assist you with drying, etc.  Your
selection of someone to do the repairs to your satisfaction is important.  You may wish to consider:

    24/7 Emergency Service
    Service Master Kent County / Grand Rapids - (616) 248-0241

2 - Contact our agency (616) 363-4946

Provide all available information, and information for reaching you— even more important if you
have to temporarily move. Our agency is a valuable resource, with experience in our community.

3 - If repairs will be needed, begin to identify who you might hire to do that work

Your selection of someone to do the repairs to your satisfaction is important.

4 - Collect and maintain documentation related to the event

Retain receipts and invoices; and make notes to assure that you will have an effective record of
the event and its consequences.

Following these suggestions immediately after a loss will help you move through the experience
with the information needed to make effective decisions.
_Frequent Questions

General Loss

Water Damage